Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Trip recount

 Hi and welcome back to another blog post.Today I am going to tell you what we did last week we went to three different rotation.I am not going to tell you the tree rotations cause I wrote it in a document But I have to say the writing is really long so you have read fast if you want to but you don't have to.

This is what I have done .




On Thursday my hub and I went to Margaret Mahy to look at the mats and feed the tuna. We also went to  Victoria square.I like Margaret Mahy because the playground was fun and also there are a lot of interesting things I can play with and look at and be active. It is just really cool, amazing and fun. 


My favourite part of the trip was when I got feed the tuna and I also liked when we got to go on the waka and ride it in the water but my hand was kind of tired after.


Something I learnt at Margrete Mahy is that I never knew that the black line around the playground was a written song. It also has cool pictures  that represent NZ.Like there were Māori footprints.


The thing I found the most interesting was the mats. They had cool patterns and they also had different meanings to them and I only remembered one of them and that was family. There were 13 of them there but we did not find them all. 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because I learnt a lot about these three rotations.What I learnt from victoria square was the stone table was a sharing table that they used in the olden days and it was rock hard.





Margret Mahy 

At margaret Mahy we did a scavenger hunt and we have to find what was one the paper we could only look on the playground and around it was hard cause it was all Māori.then we got to play for a bit before are next activity but we also did a hunt for native plants we found a lot of them.


Mats and Tuna 

When I was about to feed the tuna I was really scared because Tuna are called eels and eels are scary for me but I was brave to do it but then when the eels ate the it food they did a big gulp and they moved the spoon but good thing the spoon didn't fall in the water or else I would of had to pick the spoon up with my bear hands next is the mat’s.The mat’s are really cool they have different patterns and different meanings one of them are family.And there are 13 mat’s around NZ but we did not find all of them but we found a lot.



Waka

When I saw the waka I was so excited but nervous at the same time.But when we were learning how to get to get the right position.When it was time to go on the boat and ride it on the water I was really really nervous because I thought I was going to fall in the water but I thought wrong because it was not wobbly at all it was still but when they let go of the boat it was scary. Then I was ok. After a few minutes my arm was a little bit tired.



Victoria Square 

After we finished we went to Victoria Square.It was really nice and pretty and they had lots of Pou they looked really cool and there two statues one of them was Captain Cook that was the first one that discovered NZ and then Queen Victoria.There was this big fountain that looked like a dandelion it was pretty.      







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tianah
    Wow it looked like you had lots of fun at Margret Mahy playground.
    I liked how you labeled the things you were about to tell me about.
    Next time could you just make your writing bigger because it's hard to read.

    ReplyDelete